Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Bronx made it to X Games 17?? Say whaaaa!

You heard correctly!  Yes, the "Bronx Bomber" himself Jorge Jovel will be competing in the 2011 X Games tonight at 8pm est.  Don't miss it out!  We caught up with Jorge to ask him a few questions.  Click on the READ MORE link below to read up.  If you want to see what hotness Jorge will be riding check out his Bike Check/ Bio.




1. First and foremost, how excited are you to be competing in the X games? 

I am extremely exited to compete in X-games 17, I have been waiting for this half of my life. I knew this would happen from the moment I started riding a bike, I just didn't know how hard it would be.

2. All that hard work paid off, growing up riding mullaly park back home in the bronx to this, we are all rooting for you Jorge,you gonna hitem with it out there?

  Hard work is the least of it. Think hungry nights, no money to pay your bills, injuries that would stop anyone. I loved riding a bike my whole life, Mullaly's gave me the opportunity to learn about BMX. There have been so many moments in my life when I have wanted to call it quits, moments when I said you know what maybe it's just not meant to be, but I am not a quiter, and I want to show my family and every young kid in the hood that anything in life is possible. Any dream, no matter how big, can be accomplished. Will it be easy? Fuck no! You will be tested, tried and beaten by life, your friends might tell you it's just not possible. Just keep that picture of your perfect dream and focus on that, keep it close to your heart, protect it and you will see it unfold in front of your eyes.

3.  How are our odds looking? 

  There are a bunch of great riders I will be competing against, guys like Jamie Bestwick, Dennis Mccoy, Simon Tabron, Zack Warden, Jimmy walker and truthfully these dudes have all become my friends and mentors. I already got my trophy, to make it into the X-games and prove anyone who has ever doubted, wrong.


4.  Any shout outs before the comp tonight?

   I want to thank one very important person who took me under his wing when I was young, Luis Perez; thank you for taking the time to show me there was so much more out there than just the hood, thanks for being a badass, you changed the lives of so many kids just by keeping mullaly open for so long. Rob Ramos and Casio for being chilled dudes and keeping shit going at Mullaly. I want to thank my mom, and dad, my two beautiful sisters and my girlfriend who has kept me on the right track and slapped some sense into me when I have been down. Thank you! You get one life, make it count.


MINORITY BIKES


1 comment: